Tuesday, July 20, 2010

only me


You know those horror stories that people tell you about when you're pregnant, the woman who had appendicitis at 81/2 months, the lady whose gums bled every day, the girl who broke her leg. Turns out that I am one of them. I fractured my ankle on Saturday afternoon. See that nice little piece of bone floating around on the right hand side of my ankle. That indicates the fragment of bone that was pulled off via a tendon/ligament. Yes I had an x-ray while pregnant. Very stressful but the dr in emergency told me it would be more drama later on if it didn't heal properly due to being misdiagnosed. As it was the x-rays took about one minute to do and they chucked a big lead jacket over my belly. And of course, I can't take painkillers. Very frustrating as I can't do anything by myself as I can't put any pressure on my foot. Maybe it is a lesson in teaching me to let go a little, to stop trying to control everything. Probably not. I don't really subscribe to that way of thinking. Fractured ankles are a bitch. Full stop.

1 comment:

  1. oh drats. how horrible! No painkillers and everything! Hope your bones heal nice and fast

    ReplyDelete