Saturday, October 2, 2010
I have been tagged by the lovely Emily at Desert Darling - see her heavenly wedding here.
1. If you could give your teenage self one piece of advice what would it be?
This is a hard one given that I teach teenagers now. Mostly it would be to focus on the good things and not obsess about the bad plus the "take a teaspoon of concrete and harden up" quote which runs through my head often at work would have been exceptionally good for me!
2. Tell me about your first pet!
I could go on and on about this one. I had lovely dogs when I was a kid but they were family dogs. Ruby (my Irish Terrier) in my mind is my first pet as both mr k and I are solely responsible for her...all the poop picking up, walking, food, health, training etc. It has been WONDERFUL!! She has bought so much love into our lives. I could go on but I know I bore people about this so I'll stop (but can I just mention she could have been easily named Wookie or Chewbacca for the adorable noises she makes:)
3. If you had 1 million dollars to give to one charity, which charity would you chose?
Anything to do with education - hands down. It brings so much opportunity, cures, good things to everyone. I would donate to several organisations including www.iceafoundation.com.au
4. Of the seven deadly sins (wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, gluttony) which do you consider the worst?
Probably envy - seems to bring out the worst in people.
5. What is your star sign?
Sagittarius (and I fit the classic profile)
6. What is your happiest childhood memory?
Catching a cricket ball in Dunsborough when I was about 8. It was Summer, my family were playing beach cricket and I had a Proust moment when I caught it when time slowed down and I realised I was truly happy.
7. What were you doing at this time three years ago
In Bali, villa with a private pool, cocktails being made by villa butler. First luxury holiday ever - never looked back :)
Thanks Emily, this was fun.